Friday, March 21, 2014

Lent - What We're Giving Up and What We're Doing For Others

We are doing amazing things in second grade! We are filling up our wall with "good deed" fish so that we are reminded daily that the season of Lent is about giving something up that is meaningful, and that we do good deeds for others. As you can see, we've given up a lot and we've done a lot of good deeds! Our Lenten deed for the weekend is to be nice to our siblings (even when they might not be so nice to us!).

Don't forget our First Communion retreat is tomorrow at church starting at 1:30. I hope to see all of you there.

We had our math and spelling tests today - whew! It was our first math test without a practice pre-test but we studied hard this week. The good news is that there are no tests next week because it's a short week.

I heard that some of the cd's for the First Communion songs are not working. If yours is one of the cd's that isn't working, I would ask that you first try it in a different player if you can. If it still doesn't work, please let me know and I'll see if I can make another copy for you.

Have a fantastic weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment