Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wednesday's News

A huge thank you to Miss Danielle (a past student who is getting ready to attend college to become a teacher) and to my students for their wonderful understanding today! I've been battling a sore throat and it finally got the best of me this afternoon. Miss Danielle stepped in to teach our math lesson while I helped students. Our second grade was fabulous in listening to Miss Danielle and they were extra respectful while I was losing my voice.

Our math test is on Friday - we'll review tomorrow. Our spelling test is on Friday, too. We'll review for that tomorrow, too. No spelling words next week - it's a short week!

Today in Social Studies we learned about map grids and how useful they are to help people find things on a map. We also talked about reading with expression, and I modeled that with our Boxcar Children book we're reading in class.

We also studied social studies events today and learned about recycling, redwood trees, animal road crossings, and how the dry spell in certain areas is impacting the frog life cycle. They have lots of great information to tell you about these subjects!

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment